DÁ CORPORATE GIFTCARD
Your Dá card
What is it?
It is a pre-paid form of payment by the card holder that can be reloaded remotely:
- It is accepted in more than 1100 retail stores in Portugal and Spain;
- It can be used in its entirety or in part and for part payment;
- It can be loaded with any amount between €5 and €1,000;
- Its balance is valid for 12 months after the last (re)loading;
- It guarantees protection of the balance after online registration by the card holder;
- Companies can select different designs depending on the purpose;
- Companies may acquire cards on www.cartoesda.com;
Is the card transferable?
The card, once it has been loaded, represents a monetary value redeemable by the card holder, which means that the card holder need only present the card at stores where it is accepted, with no personal identification required.
For security reason, we recommend to register Dá cards at www.cartoesda.com.
Can the card be personalised with the beneficiary’s name?
No. However, when logging in to www.cartoesda.com, the company will find a editable field (under the “card log” option), that can be used to register the recipient’s name.
Can the cards be personalised with a company logo or design?
No. We currently do not offer card personalization service.
Can a card holder use more than one Card for a single purchase?
Yes, a card holder may use as many Dá cards as they wish.
Can a card holder use a Dá card and another means of payment for the same purchase?
Yes, they can. They only have to inform the cashier when making the payment.
ADVANTAGES OF OFFERING A CARD
- Guarantee of satisfaction for recipients, given how widely it can be used;
- Free from costs and commissions; Quantity discounts up to 3%*;
- Flexibility in the amount of the gift: cards can be loaded with any amount between €5 and €1,000;
- Simple management of orders: submitted on the website www.cartoesda.com;
Service: guarantee of loading, at no added cost, after their payment, within 5 working days for new cards and 3 working days for the reloading of existing cards.
Do Dá cards offer discounts to employers?
Yes. Depending on the annual amounts loaded to Dá cards by the company on www.cartoesda.com, the following discounts are given:
|amounts loaded/Calendar Year||€5.000€ a €100.000||€100.001€ a €200.000||>= €200.001|
|Discounts given on 1st order of the following year||1%||2%||
Note: Determination of this discount is by rung. For each category of Dá products different quantity-discount rungs are assigned. In force until 31 December 2016.
Will employers incur costs with Dá cards?
No. On acquiring Dá cards, companies only pay the amount (re)loaded on the cards and may even benefit from quantity discounts.
ADVANTAGES FOR RECIPIENTS
- Freedom of choice: it is accepted as a means of payment in more than 1,100 stores in Portugal and Spain: Continente, Worten, Worten Mobile, Zippy, MO, Sport Zone, GeoStar, Well’s, Bagga, Note and the online store at continente.pt;
- Flexible use: it can be used in its entirety or in part, without any restriction, and can be used for part payment;
- It can be reloaded in any store: with any amount between €5 and €1,000, although the balance may never exceed €1,000;
- The card balance can be used for 12 months after the last loading, this time limit being extended by a further 12 months each time the card is reloaded before the card balance expires;
- Protected balance: provided it has been registered at www.cartoesda.com , its card holder can block the card and receive a replacement in the event of loss, theft or damage;
- The card balance and transaction can be checked, after the card has been registered at cartoesda.com;
- Call 760 106 666 to check the balance (cost per call €0.60+VAT) and 808 10 32 32 for general Dá card customer support;
Using Dá card
The Dá Card is accepted as a means of payment for the purchase of any product on sale in more than 1,100 stores in Portugal and Spain.
Continente, Worten, Worten Mobile, Zippy, MO, Sport Zone, GeoStar, Well’s, Bagga, Note and the online store www.continente.pt.
What is the validity of the card balance?
The card balance can be used for 12 months after the last loading, this time limit begin extended by a further 12 months period each time the card is reloaded before the card balance expires.
The card is cancelled if there is no transaction for 3 years.
How to check the balance and validity of the card?
The validity of the card balance can be checked at any cash desk in the stores where it is accepted, by presenting the card; the balance can also be checked by calling 760 106 666 (cost of call €0.60+VAT), or on the website, if previously registered.
How can the card holder review the card transactions?
After registration at www.cartoesda.com, the holder can review the card transactions.
What is the minimum amount for (re)loading the card?
The minimum (re)loading amount is €5.
What is the maximum amount for (re)loading the card?
The maximum (re)loading amount is €1000.
What is the maximum amount that can be held on the card?
The maximum balance that can be held on the card is €1,000.
Does the card balance have to be used all at once?
No. The card balance can be used in parts.
Does the card holder have to present identification or enter a PIN number to use the card balance?
No. It is a mean of payment to the card holder without a PIN number. This means that the card holder only has to present the Dá Card in the stores where it is accepted, without needing to present identification or sign any document.
Can the card balance be converted into cash?
No. The card balance cannot be converted into cash and does not give any right to reimbursement in cash or any other means of payment.
Is it possible to divide the balance of a Dá card between other Dá cards?
No, it is not possible to load a Dá card using other Dá cards as a means of payment.
Can the card be reloaded?
Yes. The card holder and companies can reload cards at the cash desk of any of the stores where the card is accepted. The minimum and maximum limits of €5 and €1,000 are applied.
If the card balance is zero, can it be reloaded?
Yes. The card holder and companies can reload cards with zero balance at the cash desk of any of the stores where the card is accepted. The minimum and maximum limits of €5 and €1,000 are applied.
Security, loss and theft
If the card has been lost, stolen or damaged, does the card holder lose the balance?
No, provided the card holder has registered the card at www.cartoesda.com they can block the use of the card through the website, in the event of loss, theft or damage (selecting the option “lost, stolen or damaged card”). They will then receive a substitute card at the registration address, within 8 working days. The replacement of the Dá card shall have a cost of €2.50 to be deducted from the card balance.
If the card has not been registered, as it is payable to the card holder, Modelo Continente Hipermercados, S.A. shall not incur any liability.
In the event of loss, theft or damage, will the replacement card keep the same number?
No. The replacement card will have a different number, but will be automatically associated with the same account.
Does the card need a PIN number to be used?
The card does not need a PIN number to be loaded or for checking the balance. However, for security purposes, the card is provided with a PIN (on the back), that can be used for registration at www.cartoesda.com. This registration guarantees the possibility of blocking the card or requesting its replacement in the event of loss, theft or damage.
Where can they be acquired?
Dá Corporate Giftcards can be acquired exclusively by companies registered on the website www.cartoesda.com, where a username and access password are created so that they can submit orders.
The cards and designs sold to companies through the Dá cards website cannot be acquired in the stores where they are accepted.
Is there a minimum order?
Yes, the minimum order value (new cards and/or recharging) is €500.
The process is simple and easy to follow:
- Register your company at cartoesda.com/encomendar, create the users that may have access to order this product and indicate the category of the product that you want to acquire;
- After receiving access information by e-mail, submit your order (specifying the number of cards and their amount, under the design required);
- After submitting the order, pay by bank transfer and send proof of payment to email@example.com, with a reference to your order number (sent in the confirmation e-mail);
- For good management and control of future (re)loading, we recommend identifying the recipient on our website, under the “card log” option, immediately after receiving the cards;
- Hand out the cards to employees, telling them to register the cards, for reasons of security and protection of the balance, on the website cartoesda.com;
How to reload cards?
The procedure for reloading cards is the same as the procedure for making purchases. Enter your company account at www.cartoesda.com and submit an order using one of the following two options: a) website/ b) file.
The website option allows the user to submit an order directly through the website, using a simple menu. As this is a manual procedure, we recommend that it only be used for orders with up to 20 cards.
If your order involves more than 20 cards, we recommend the use of the “file” option, which enables you to download an excel file and thus easily complete the amount to be uploaded to each card.
What are the delivery times?
After receiving payment of the order, we undertake, except in cases of any extraordinary event, to deliver orders of new cards within 5 working days.
Loads will be available for use on existing cards within 3 working days, since they do not require delivery.
Will an invoice be issued?
Yes. An invoice is issued to the company for each order paid and processed, with the name of the product (Dá Card) and the total value of the order. In the case of an order for new cards, the invoice is sent with the cards. In the case of reloads, the invoice is sent by mail to the delivery address. All invoices are accompanied by a list with the serial numbers of all the cards we have supplied or reloaded and the amount reloaded.
Is it possible to include our internal purchase order reference on the invoice?
Yes, when placing the order, in the “observations” field, include the details of this request, for example: “please include our purchase order number xxxxxxxx on the invoice”.
How are payments made?
Orders for new cards and/or recharging will only be processed after confirmation of the payment, which must be made by bank transfer using the following details:
Beneficiary Modelo Continente Hipermercados S.A.
Bank BPI – Boavista
NIB 0010 0000 7986 3540 0022 7
IBAN PT50 0010 0000 7986 3540 0022 7
SWIFT Code BBPIPTPL
How to send proof of payment?
Send the proof of payment by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the order number (which is sent in the e-confirmation mail).
You can contact the Dá Card Costumer Support by e-mail email@example.com or by telephone +351 22 2 545 893/4 from Portugal. Telephone support is available on working days, from 9 AM to 1 PM and from 2 PM to 6 PM.
You can contact Dá Card Customer Support by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +351 808 10 32 32. Telephone support is available on working days, from 9 am to 1 pm and from 2 pm to 6 pm.
Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions for use of Dá Giftcards can be found here.